At A & J Bennetts, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice sets out how A & J Bennetts uses and protects any information that you give A & J Bennetts.
Who we are
A & J Bennetts is part for the Stuart Canvas Group which is one of the United Kingdoms leading providers in bespoke and readymade PVC and canvas cover for the sports, haulage, industrial and defence industries.
- Stuart Canvas Group Limited registered office address; Unit 6 Hardwick Grange, Woolston, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 4RF
- Stuart Canvas Group Limited company number: 05736370
- Reference to ‘A & J Bennetts’ or ‘Bennett Covers’ or ‘we’ or ‘the company’ includes Stuart Canvas Group Ltd and its subsidiaries, A & J Bennett, Mudfords Ltd and JMS Cricket.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, job title, address, postcode, email address, telephone number and IP address;
- What website pages are accessed and when;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we collect data
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example:
- When you contact us about products and services;
- When you register to receive one of our newsletters;
- When you purchase a product from us.
The other ways we collect data are:
- When you meet a staff member at an event or meeting;
- When we receive your business card during personal contact;
- During a telephone conversation with a staff member.
16 or under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
What we do with the information we gather
We may use your information to:
- Process orders that you have submitted;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Dealing with entries into a competition;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, products, events, activities, promotions of our associated companies goods and services;
- Process a job application;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes;
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties;
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service or Product Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as of the 25th May 2018 personal data cannot be transferred to third parties outside of the EU unless they have equal data protection laws in place that have been evaluated and approved by the EU. At Stuart Canvas we fully comply with GDPR regulations.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond Stuart Canvas and is subsidiaries for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
How do we keep your information safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your choices and rights
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
- If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our products and services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information;
- We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, text message or post unless you have given your prior consent;
- You have the right to change your communications preferences at any time;
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Stuart Canvas or Stuart Canvas Group hold about you;
- You have the right to ask for your personal data to be removed from our database.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org telephone on +44(0)1925 814525.
How you can access and update your information: If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com, or write to us at: Unit 6 Hardwick Grange, Woolston, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 4RF. Alternatively, you can telephone +44(0)1925 814525.
Stuart Canvas may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 11/05/2018.