A. & J. Bennett Company Statement – Coronavirus
18th March 2020
In regards to the current situation with Covid-19 we would like to share some important information with you to keep you up to date with our operations at A. & J. Bennett.
Our focus remains on ‘Business as Usual’ and providing an uninterrupted service to you. We will always remain vigilant and communicate to our staff the Government guidelines.
We understand that concerns about the impact to potential business are front of mind, so hopefully, the below will help shed some light on our operations:
• We want to reassure you that we are well stocked with no worries about our stock levels. As such, we do not anticipate any product shortages as a result of the current situation. We have been in close contact with our supply chain to confirm this.
• We are continuing to take orders over the phone 8am-5pm Monday to Friday, or 24/7 via our website.
• We are continuing to work closely with our supply base and as the situation develops we will communicate any issues if they occur.
• We have taken additional steps of providing all staff with clear information on the virus, methods of control and NHS / Government websites for their reference.
• We have equipped our premises with hand sanitising stations and are continuing to undertake additional cleaning procedures. Any staff member who must deliver goods or travel are equipped with sanitizers, wipes as well as gloves
• We have identified areas which we consider critical to operate and have developed operational continuity plans into our teams
• Offices, desks, banisters and door handles are cleaned regularly
• We have a limited access policy to non-staff members to our sites while also adopting a safe contact distance between staff at company owned premises
• All staff that can work from home with remote access are now authorised to do so. All essential production staff are still working as normal. We will shortly be implementing a temperature check for all staff once a day
• We expect any employee suffering from the recognised symptoms of the coronavirus infection to not come into work and stay home and self-isolate
We will continue to trade as normal. I wish all customers and suppliers a positive outcome from this virus. We would like to thank you for your support throughout this time
CEO – A. & J. Bennett